Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Training Walk Report #10

Another day off, thus another day to walk. My walking partner was supposed to come at 11 am, but fortunately she was delayed until 1 pm. Fortunately, because during that delay it stopped pouring down rain and the big yellow glowing cloud came out and started drying things up. I forgot to wear my pedometer, but we did the other half of the Town-Gown loop, which came in at just under 2 miles when Eric and I did it last month. I took a picture of the boulder near the Post Office this time:

The plaque reads: In 1902 a notorious killer named Harry Tracy shot his way out of an Oregon prison and high-tailed it into Washinton. A posse caught up with him near the present-day location of the Wayne Golf Course. In the ensuing gun battle Tracy killed deputy Charles Raymond and wounded deputies Karl Anderson and Jack Williams before jumping off a cliff and escaping into the under brush below. Tracy's trail of terror ended two months later in Eastern Washington when, surrounded in a wheat field with no way out, he took his own life.

My walking partner enjoys local history and had a good time reading all the boulders. We also walked through the campus of Cascadia/UW Bothell and visited the bookstore. The campus was very pleasant to walk through, even if it was dripping wet from the earlier downpours.

If you'd like to donate to the cause, please click on the logo to go to my donation page. I'm currently up to $110 of donations, with a goal of $4200.