Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Wow

What a difference a week makes! I'm feeling really good this morning, since I set my alarm for 6:30 am and then Eric came in and made sure I got up and went on a morning walk with him. We did a three mile slightly hilly loop around Maywood Hill, where we live. It was a nice comfortable walk, and I got to really test out my new foot brace as well. Amazingly, at the end of the walk, my heel didn't hurt at all. And even more amazingly, after sitting and reading blogs for 45 minutes, it barely hurt at all when I stood up. It seems the brace is working!

It's also much easier to walk in the morning, before the sun hits and heats up the air. My body still thinks it's winter even though Summer starts today.

I still have a ways to go to be ready for the walk, but I also have just over four weeks to prepare. I think I can do it.

No comments: