Friday, April 11, 2008

Seattle Sonics

I honestly don't care a flip for the Seattle Supersonics. I've never been a fan of basketball, not when I played it nor when I timed it in High School. I enjoy the Seahawks and the Mariners, but I've never really cared about the Sonics.

However, I hope the city sues the butts off the current Sonics owners now that we know for certain they were lying, instead of just suspecting they were. They bought the team with the intention of moving it, and therefore purchased it under false pretenses. I hope the city sues the owners into the poorhouse. Not because I care about the Sonics, but because I don't think rich people should be getting away with lies like that to entire cities.

Perhaps we should sue Oklahoma City, too, for making the liars welcome. And the NBA for supporting the liars attempts to move the team from the city. Heck, maybe we can get enough money out of the various scumbags trying to move the team that we can start our own basketball league. Maybe even one that's actually fun to watch, instead of the crappy NBA egotist club.