Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Israel

I want to stay silent, because I really don't think I can contribute anything to the discussion at this point. But silence means consent, and I cannot stay silent any longer. Please keep that in mind if you read any further.

Israel is murdering massive numbers of civilians in retaliation for Hamas murdering civilians. Neither side is "in the right", but Israel is making themselves into true monsters with their willingness to kill innocents to get at the guilty.

It's like putting a bunch of sheep into a pen with wolves, then killing the sheep any time a keeper gets bitten by a wolf through the fence. Yes, the sheep are protecting the wolves... they'll get eaten if they don't!

I don't have any solutions. I don't even have any suggestions. But Israel HAS to stop killing civilians. They lost whatever moral authority they once had when the world learned that half the murdered were women and children. Yes, Hamas has a lot to answer for. Yes, Hamas should be punished somehow. But indiscriminate killing is never the answer. And that's what Israel is doing.

There has to be a solution to this. I just wish people could figure it out.