Saturday, December 10, 2005

More Smoke

Bus shelters and smoking. Ah, another pet peeve of mine. I used to wait at bus shelters, and there would always be somebody smoking in them, leaving me to stand out in the rain if I wanted to be able to breathe. I also had trouble with one guy who noticed that I was standing away from the smoke and thought it was funny to blow smoke in my face. This was in downtown Seattle, and it made me change my bus stop. Before I did that, I nearly decked the guy a couple of times, and wondered if the courts would accept "he blew smoke in my face" as a justifiable reason for hitting him. I didn't think they would, although I felt like I was being assaulted every time he did it.

Again, I want to emphasize that most smokers aren't like that idiot. For every nasty in-your-face smoker, there were a dozen in the background peacefully trying to keep to themselves. As usual, it's the few idiots who ruin everything for the smart folks.

Of course, in the meantime, there's an area burn ban because of stagnant air. We're in one of those rare winter holding patterns... it's cold, but the sun is out.

No comments: