Friday, October 08, 2004

Interesting Driving

As I was driving to work the other day, I noticed that the driver of the car in front of me seemed to be doing something strange. At first I thought she had a cellphone, but then she started making a motion with her left hand that... well... it looked like she was brushing her teeth as she drove. She even turned her head to the side to apparently spit a couple of times (not out of the car, but toward the passenger seat). Intrigued but worried, I backed off a little and kept one eye on her as she drove. I nearly drove off the road when a pug jumped up onto her shoulders. At first I thought it was an optical illusion, but after sneaking a few more looks in between watching traffic, I realized that yes, the pug was on her shoulder. And it blended in nicely with her, making her look like a mutant two-headed puglady. The pug distracted me from her toothbrushing, so I didn't see if she tried to floss. But she did appear to be putting on makeup as I watched. Luckily for me, she changed lanes and turned off, so I wasn't distracted by whatever she had planned for a followup.