Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Throw 'er in Jail

Two state senators are introducing a bill that would make it illegal to introduce voter challenges right before the election. In short, it's complete common sense, so you know state Rethuglican leader Chris Vance will whine that it's unfair or something.

Here's another report from the Canvassing Board about Soleto's perjury, and her absolute unwillingness to defend her illegal antics. Soleto didn't even bother to fill out the whole challenge form. It was a blatant act of voter intimidation.

If you live in King County, Washington, and are as outraged by Sotelo's perjury and voter intimidation as I am, sign the petition to Norm Maleng asking that Sotelo be investigated and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. One thousand, nine hundred and forty-four counts of perjury, a gross misdemeanor in Washington according to RCW 9A.72.040.

And here's your bizarre political story of the day. I mean, c'mon, the Mirror? But then... why is Blair invoking the Official Secrets Act?

A local school district has banned a book because characters apparently meet via internet chatrooms. Um. Ok. I just want to point out that I met Eric, my husband of over a decade, through the 'net. The banning couldn't possibly be more because the book is about gay teens, now, could it? I just checked the book out from the library. I prefer to read for myself.

Yet another request for ranked balloting in Washington. I'm all for it, if it can be implemented.

Decertified Diebold voting machines in California are being stealth recertified by republicans. The voting machines do not meet minimum state standards, which include a human-readable paper trail, which is why they were decertified in the first place.

No comments: