Tuesday, August 08, 2006

More on Drunk Driving

Mark Evanier gets letters. I suppose I should feel for the correspondent in this one, who thinks that he/she just made a little mistake.

But I don't.

We've been told, over and over again, not to drive after drinking. We've been told in so many forums, so many ways... if it doesn't get through to you that you shouldn't drink and drive, then frankly I firmly believe you should be punished heavily for doing it.

I go a lot farther than Evanier, of course. I tend to think that someone who drinks and drives and kills someone should be convicted of pre-meditated murder. And the reason I think that is because WE'VE BEEN TOLD. We all know that drinking and driving is wrong. So if you drink and then get behind the wheel of a car, you are doing it INTENTIONALLY. That's premeditated. If you kill someone, it's murder. Not an accident.

No comments: