Friday, November 05, 2004

Training Walk Report #2

I went on my second official training walk today, heading down to the River Park again. This time I came back through the Park at Bothell Landing, which made the walk a little longer without making it impossible. I also managed to get a few pictures of the famous Wild Chickens of Bothell, one of which is good enough to post:

The walk was a bit shorter than 2 miles, it was 3532 steps according to my cheapie pedometer. The claim is that 2000 steps is a mile, roughly. I'm still well short of the 3 miles where the training schedule starts at, but I think I might be able to do it, I just need to find a few good routes that are about that distance.

If you want to give me some inspiration, I could use a donation. Just one donation, even just $5 would make me feel a lot better. Click here to donate, or on the image:

If there's a lack of money, you could also leave me a comment to help inspire me.

And yes, I still feel the need for new socks/shoes. I think that's going to be one of the highest priorities for the first couple of months. I'm not too terribly worried about a lot of this, but taking care of my feet is important.