Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Training Walk Report #8

Got an unexpected training walk today when I went out with my father-in-law, mother-in-law, and two pugs. It was a gorgeous day, and we walked out to the ravine, around the neighborhood, and back. I decided to count it as a training walk because Jerry set the pace higher than I'm used to and because I got sweaty. It was only about a mile, a mile and a half at the maximum. It reminded me that I've got a long way to go before I'm ready to walk 60 miles in three days.

I took a few pictures along the way. This first one is of one of the many, many rodents hanging from trees in Ravenna Park. I tried to get a picture of one tree that was covered with them, but they all scooted around to the other side of the tree before I got the shot off. This guy was just watching the pugs closely, even though the pugs don't usually show any interest in them.

As we walked over the ravine on the bridge, I saw a couple of spectacular trees showing off their autumn colors. Sadly, the picture doesn't nearly show how brilliant it was in real life, and according to Nancy the trees were far prettier only a couple of days ago. Still, you can get a tiny concept of how beautiful the view from the bridge is from this picture.

I've gotten another donation, this time from somebody who doesn't have a website I can link to. Thank you Maggie. Every donation keeps me going a bit longer.

Let me finish up today's report with news about my socks. Namely, they are on the way and due to be delivered to me next Tuesday. Not perfect, but I think I'll survive until then. I don't normally wear pink, but I guess I'll get used to wearing socks with a pink ribbon on them.