Saturday, April 02, 2005

Training Update

I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike yesterday, according to the plan. Today was the big test, though, as I needed to do five miles on the treadmill. Having done five miles just two days ago, I wasn't sure I'd be able to manage it.

Thankfully, I did manage it. And tomorrow is an even bigger test. Five miles again.

I started out with a short half mile walk, then iced my legs while watching the new Doctor Who episode. The rest of the walk, a bit over four and a half miles, was almost constant. I stopped a couple of times early to adjust my socks, and once about halfway through to get some gatorade/(*CENSORED*) mix. The treadmill switched off on me at one point, also, and I took a water break since it was so kind as to give me an excuse.

Today I listened to music on my computer while walking. I meant to read a little Manga, but by the time I warmed up enough to trust myself reading and walking at the same time I was enjoying the music too much to switch. And yes, I sang along. I hope I didn't drive poor Eric completely batty.

No comments: