Sunday, November 18, 2007

Rants and Links

The Founding Fathers Intended...

How Health Care is failing in the United States.

Did Global Warming kill the dinosaurs? And if so, why aren't we more concerned? (Yes, I know the planet will be fine, I'm more worried about the parasites living on the planet).

Biofuels are a 'crime against humanity'. Well, if you use food crops, yeah. The whole point is to use wastes from food crop or non-food crop that can be grown on marginal land. I think of it more like this guy does. I want him to work on my car.

I mostly agree with Steve on Pharmacists who refuse to do their job. As long as pharmacies have a clear indication that they let their employees slack off, I don't mind. I just want to know which pharmacies to avoid if I want to be sure of getting my medicine. So I'd argue that a law requiring pharmacies to tell customers that they think their employees opinions are more important than customers' health, preferably in such a way that said employees can't insult or embarass the customers, is needed.

Why "right of exit" doesn't pass the smell test when applied only to public schools. Why not vouchers for health care? For transportation?