Thursday, February 10, 2005

Training Walk

Staying on the schedule, today I did the Town-Gown loop again, this time all the way through. I did stop at the library to make some photocopies, but that was close to the end of the walk anyway. It took me about an hour and 25 minutes including the stop at the library (which was about 20 minutes thanks to a comedy of errors). So I'm going just under 3 miles an hour. I can handle that.

The training schedule calls for 30 minutes of cross-training tomorrow, then 3 mile walks on Saturday and Sunday. At the moment, unless plans adjust again, the cross-training will be the exercise bike at home and the two walks will be with Eric.

Next week's schedule is the same as this week's except the Saturday walk is up to four miles. We'll see how I feel after Sunday's walk, but I think I'm up to it. In fact, I think I'm rarin' to go.

Today's walk was very pleasant. The sun is out but there was a comfortable chill in the air that made it easy to walk. Walking through the campus at Cascadia I chatted briefly with a professor... it appears that the bookshop on campus has free coffee, so the staff and faculty are always visiting to get coffee. The professor came out of the store when I walked by and commented on my 3-Day shirt, and I told him it is good walking weather.

I would put up some pictures from my last two walks, but I don't have time to get them off my camera, crop them, and upload them before I need to go to work. So I'll try to put them up later tonight.

My walking group for the 3-Day, the Bouncing Betties, is meeting next Friday evening to make plans to conquer the wo--- er, to make fundraising plans and discuss training. I also need to contact the 3-Day folks about the second mandatory training session... I need to get in on one.

I'm still only at $200, but it's a very solid $200. I need to raise $4000 to reach my goal, or $1900 just to participate. That's a lot of dough. I hope I can do it. Plus, I need new shoes soon and probably ought to buy more socks. I'm confident that the rest will take care of itself, but the money worries me.

On the advice of co-worker Elise, I'm going to revive my Friday Fitness days over here on this blog and record my weight and such as taken every Friday morning I don't forget. I sort of was thinking about it, but Elise convinced me to actually do it.

Ok, time to grab lunch before I head off to work. Feel free to offer constructive advice, good cheer, or other positives in the comments. And if you are inclined to donate, go here.

No comments: