Sunday, February 20, 2005

Training Walk

A short walk today (less than a half mile) just to test the muscles and see if they are healed yet. I'm happy with the results, although I'd much like to go on a longer walk. I think I'll need to go on a short walk every day for awhile to build up strength faster. We'll see...

In the meantime, I walked around the in-laws neighborhood today, in the bright sunlight. I took a couple of pictures for you to enjoy. First up is the result of not getting enough snow. Since we can't do snowmen, you sometimes see replacements:

This particular fellow is made of rocks. There was a black glove at the base of the rockman, apparently the makers hadn't figured out how to put a stick into the body to make arms.

My second picture is just one of a whole lotta birds we saw. This fellow was posing, so I snapped a picture of him. Just after I took the picture, he flew off.

Lastly, I'm doing this training for a purpose. I'm still trying to raise my minimum level to walk the Seattle 3-Day. If you can, please donate.

Please Donate

No comments: