Sunday, September 04, 2005

If You Still Support Bush...

...then you must read this and watch the video (links here):
MR. BROUSSARD: Sir, they were told like me, every single day, "The cavalry's coming," on a federal level, "The cavalry's coming, the cavalry's coming, the cavalry's coming." I have just begun to hear the hoofs of the cavalry. The cavalry's still not here yet, but I've begun to hear the hoofs, and we're almost a week out.

[snip]

MR. BROUSSARD: I'm telling you most importantly I want to thank my public employees...

MR. RUSSERT: All right.

MR. BROUSSARD: ...that have worked 24/7. They're burned out, the doctors, the nurses. And I want to give you one last story and I'll shut up and let you tell me whatever you want to tell me. The guy who runs this building I'm in, emergency management, he's responsible for everything. His mother was trapped in St. Bernard nursing home and every day she called him and said, "Are you coming, son? Is somebody coming?" And he said, "Yeah, Mama, somebody's coming to get you. Somebody's coming to get you on Tuesday. Somebody's coming to get you on Wednesday. Somebody's coming to get you on Thursday. Somebody's coming to get you on Friday." And she drowned Friday night. She drowned Friday night. . . Nobody's coming to get us. Nobody's coming to get us. The secretary has promised. Everybody's promised. They've had press conferences. I'm sick of the press conferences. For God sakes, shut up and send us somebody.

Bush sat on his hands. He played guitar, ate cake, and IGNORED the disaster. He could have saved hundreds of lives by simply picking up his phone and saying "Get the National Guard in there, now." That's all he had to do. Nothing more. The absolute minimum. He didn't. He abandoned those people to die. He appointed complete incompetents to the head of FEMA and the DHS, just because they were his old drinking buddies. Then, when disaster struck, for the SECOND TIME in his presidency, he did nothing. NOTHING.

Five days. It took FIVE DAYS for help to arrive. We responded faster to the Tsunami. If you don't think the Iraq war is an impeachable offense, well, what about this? Blatant dereliction of duty and criminal negligence. You watch that video, then you tell me that Bush did everything in his power to help. You can't, because it's a lie. Bush did NOTHING. Indifference is a Weapon of Mass Destruction. And Bush has a whole lot of it.

No comments: