Wednesday, January 19, 2005

5,500 Desert From US Military

Apparently, well over 5000 soldiers have deserted from the US military since the invasion of Iraq began.

At first I was appalled. We have an all volunteer military (for the moment) and the idea of people running away is just offensive.

But then I remembered that our Commander in Chief, dubya, is also a wartime deserter and decided that I cannot blame any member of the military who chooses to run away as long as that coward is the CiC. After all, what's good for the commander is good for the troops. Since dubya never fulfilled his military duty, then I see no reason to hold any of our military to higher standards than him.

As soon as we get a person who either never served or served honorably back into the White House, then I'll find desertion offensive again.