Wednesday, June 01, 2005

3-Day Check-In

The 3-Day got my medical waiver, so I went to the online check-in to start the process. I watched the safety video (which, frankly, makes the 3-Day sound much scarier than it is) and answered the quiz questions. I don't think I'll have any problems with the rules. I don't intend to run while on The Walk. I always obey traffic signals, thanks to having it drilled into me at an early age (thanks, Mom). I will be phone-blogging from The Walk, but not while walking. While I'm walking, the phone will be off, as per the rules. I don't have an MP3 player, so I won't be listening to music. On my Marymoor walk I figured out how to hydrate myself extremely well, so that shouldn't be an issue. And I've got a handle on the whole blister thing, though I'll always admit to the possibility that I'll get blindsided by one. I have the tools to deal with it if I do.

I had to stop at the donation summary bit, though. I'm not quite ready to do a delayed self-donation yet, with $417 left to go. It's close, and Eric and I could possibly recover from the financial blow if we ended up paying it, but I'm just not quite ready yet. When I next log in, it will still be at that step, so if I get $400 more in donations in the next week or two I could finish check-in with a month to go until the event. I can't believe how close I am to the goal. It amazes me every time I look at the page. But then, there's only two more weeks for people to mail in donations, and only five more weeks for the on-line donations, so maybe I'm not as close as I'd like it to be.

I'm almost recovered from this cold, and I'd better get well in a hurry because I have The Race For The Cure this Saturday, followed by an eleven mile training walk. I feel mildly guilty that I haven't raised any money for Race for the Cure at all, but the priority has been getting the money for the 3-Day, since I can't participate in the 3-Day unless I reach the minimum. The weather report for this Saturday looks perfect, at the moment. Slightly cloudy with no rain. A bit of wind, but nothing huge. Lookin' good.

I haven't been walking as much as I'd like. First it was the ankle, then it was busy busy busy, then it was the cold. I did a bit over a mile on the treadmill yesterday and had no problem with it, except I had trouble with the cold making me cough too much near the end. I plan on doing some more time on the treadmill as soon as I finish posting this blog, at which point I hope to gauge if I'm really ready for this weekend's training walk or not. I feel like I'm ready. We'll have to see if my emotions match reality.

And lastly... I did weigh myself on Saturday morning (I forgot on Friday), but I didn't post a fitness report because there's basically nothing to report. No weight has been lost, and none gained. I didn't get enough exercise in to feel like reporting it. So when I post my next report, it'll just pick up from this week, I guess.

No comments: