Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My turn to rant

Okay, so here's someething I don't get. I have a Wizard of Oz website set up (www.eskimo.com/~tiktok/), and part of that is an extensive FAQ list. (For those who may not know, FAQ is an acronym for "frequently asked question.") I wrote the FAQ list so that I wouldn't have to answer the same dopey questions over and over again. So naturally, if someone asks me a question I've already answered there, I direct them to the FAQ, since that's why I wrote it. So today -- and this is not the first time this has happened -- someone got all snarky with me for sending her to the FAQ instead of directly answering the question. Oh, come on! Like I have the time to do that for everyone. Like I didn't spend a lot of time writing the FAQ just so I can tell you because you're too busy or lazy to lok yourself. Sheesh. Then she got even snootier, like I owe her or something. Yeah, right. The website is just a hobby, lady, I have to actually work for a living and to get it up for you to find in the first place. This came on the heels of another, more persistent person who asked me a question that not only wasn't in the FAQ, but that I couldn't answer at all. So I sent him some information about where he might possibly look for the information himself. He mailed me back a couple of times and insisted that he had no time for that, he wanted me to answer his question. (It was very obvious that it was some sort of homework assignment, and he was trying to get me to do the work for him.) I finally had to lay it on the line, told him flat out (once again) that I didn' t have the answers he was looking for, and not to e-mail me ever again. Gads, the Internet has made some people even more stupid... or lazy... Grumble, grumble, okay, I'm done now...