Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Cannot Keep Back My Opinions...

"Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country" - Patrick Henry

I didn't think I agreed with John Murtha's proposal until I read what he actually meant. This is a considerably better plan than just about any I've seen so far. Now if only the Republicans had actually brought Murtha's idea to vote, instead of a stupid neocon parody of it, we might already be on our way to fixing the mess in Iraq. Via Mark Evanier.

Washblog is following the canvassing board cases of voters that the GOP attempted to disenfranchise right before the election. Again, if the GOP was serious about "cleaning up the rolls", they would have turned in their complaints months ago to give people time to fix honest mistakes before the election, and they wouldn't have illegally altered the reporting form so they didn't have to do all their research. Soleto is guilty of perjury and ought to tossed in jail and fined heavily.

Variety reports that Frontline is showing a new and apparently damning look at what happened in New Orleans. The documentary airs tonight, along with a NOVA documentary about the science of the storm.

Forty-Two years. Wow.

No comments: