Thursday, April 07, 2005

Training Update

Ow. Ouch. Ow.

Still not "cured" of the Plantar Fasciitis, although the work we've been doing in Physical Therapy has definitely helped. But after a walk that was a bit over five miles, I can sure feel the problem.

I was going to try to get six miles, thinking I could outdo my goal of five miles, but the treadmill started making a pretty dreadful sound and I decided that prudence dictated stopping it and checking it out. After looking at it for a bit, I didn't have the heart to get back on, so I stopped at nearly 5 and a half miles.

We've stopped taping my legs for a bit after the last taping ripped a couple of layers of skin off my right foot when I took it off. It hurt. Bad. I was very sensitive to the lower leg pain coming back, but it didn't seem to in today's walk. I need to walk 7 and 5 over the weekend, so we'll see if the longer walk brings the pain back. I hope not. If it does, I may have to divide the walks up into multiple sessions and see how long I can go before the pain starts up. I'll figure something out.

So that's where I stand. I hurt, but not too bad, and I made all my training goals since last Friday. Let's see if I can do it again this week.

No comments: