Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Election Day

It's primary election day in Washington. I sent in my absentee ballot almost two weeks ago. This is going to be a stressful primary for a lot of folks, as Washington was one of the few states that had a free primary in which people could vote for anyone they chose, across party lines even, if they wanted.

The parties argued successfully that it was unfair for non-party members to vote in party primaries, which is true enough, then managed to cheat the state into paying for the party primaries, which is absolutely wrong.

I'd like to sue the political parties into paying the state back for all the extra money spent on this stupid primary. I wonder if I could start a class-action suit, and if it would actually have any chance of going anywhere, considering that the political parties run everything, including the courts?