Sunday, March 06, 2005

Training Walk

Pretty standard walk today. I needed to get four miles in, and I'm pretty sure I managed it, although I'm not completely certain. Eric and I walked from the Sammamish River Park to Kenmore, but we didn't go as far as the 12th post. We both figured we went out about two miles, so four miles total once we walked back.

The weather was interesting, changing from almost rain clouds to hot to clouds to hot sun again. There were a lot of folks on the trail and it seemed like we were constantly having to go single file to let cyclists by.

Here's a picture of the tunnel by the Wayne Golf Course. I took a picture from the other side, but it was too bright so the image didn't really come out. I also got another picture of the mystery flower/weed that lines the path, in case anyone actually cares to attempt to identify it. I really need to get myself a "plants of the Northwest" book. It's one of my unscratched interests.

The little petals coming out from the sides range from light pinkish to a nice purple. It's a boring looking plant except with the petals are blooming.

Watch this space for more reports on my health and training, and if you want to give me a little inspiration, even $5 worth, please donate.

No comments: