Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Weird wet Washington weather

Just a strange little weather phenomenon I wanted to pass along to you all today. This afternoon, I was subbing at one of the local high schools and looked out the window. It was horrible out there. The rain was coming down in sheets, and the wind was whipping up all over the place. Even for the Pacific Northwet (no, that's not a typo), it was pretty bad. Wouldn't you know, this is one of those few days where I walked to work, so I wasn't looking forward to going home...

About an hour later, when I headed for home, it was clear. And not just clear, but there were no clouds in the sky, which was a gorgeous shade of blue. If it weren't for all of the huge puddles of standing water, you'd never have known that that storm had come through less than an hour earlier...

No comments: